Posted to alt.home.repair
Irreverent Maximus Irreverent Maximus is offline

Default A question on ethics.

"philo " wrote in message ...
Well, most of the people I repair computers for have very little money
so if I charge at all, it's typically just $25.

Only once did I get a job for a very wealthy business man but since it
went over 5 hours, I gave them a 20% discount.

Nothing wrong with that. I suspect that you have a love of what you are
doing, too. I had a love of what I did, but my body did not. Well, with
the exception of the last year and a half with one employer. That was all
TS&R. Once my employer wanted me to wear multiple hats again (be a one man
work crew), I went elsewhere. My body no longer liked digging trench, laying
out/lifting heavy things, pretty much entire projects, all by myself.

It felt good to wake up in the morning and not feel like I had been rolled down
a hill in a barrel full of rocks. I do, however, have an urge to further my
PLC skills and work in a pure motor control environment. Nothing like toting
a laptop instead of all the other crap. That, and my wallet might stop bitching
at me. :-)