Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default A question on ethics.

On 12/13/2013 12:18 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:59:36 PM UTC-8, Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:

My client asked me to pick-out, purchase and install an appliance for him.

It turned out that the appliance that I picked had a rebate coupon.

I filled out the coupon and mailed it and received the money.

How much of the money should I give to my client?

Hi,

IMHO, all. It is his appliance. He is the registered owner with the

manufacturer I believe. I think you should've filled out his name.

1. I couldn’t fill out his name because I used my credit card with my name on the invoice.
2. I should at least get back the money for the stamp I used if nothing else.

On the job I retired from my billing rate was something like $120 for
the first hour and $90 for each additional hour.

If it only took you 15 minutes to fill out the rebate card and mail it...
on my job at least that would have been $30.

We were told to do all of our paperwork on-site and to bill the customer
for our time.

Considering we were keeping production lines going that could cost a
customer a million dollars or more a day (if down)...we certainly did
not get complaints if we sent them a $500 or $600 bill.