Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default That's it. No more fluorescent bulbs.

Ecnerwal wrote:

In article ,
Randy333 wrote:

and instant on - no
buzzing - about $460 per unit

Possible not bad if the power company kicked in. I re-lighted my
warehouse and shop and the power company gave me close to 50% back.

I'm now all T5 and T8 lamps.

LED's are geting in the good price ballpark.

There are some good deals on "can light replacements" via electric
utility subsidy around here - different ones subsidized in different
states, but typically $15 or so for a 9-10W unit that replaces the whole
bottom trim ring (if replacing) or is the whole bottom trim ring (if
new.) Nominally 1/2 price of what they go for unsubsidized, and very
nice light output (all into the room, none into the can.)

Instant on, love the cold, both of the versions on subsidy here are also
dimmable (though the LED dimmers spoil the instant-on by 1/2 second or
so) and wet-location rated.

I just put 13 of those LED can units in a new installation and they are
working beautifully. For new the unit is barely double the cost of the
basic trim ring it negates so it's pretty cheap.