Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Look what happened to this feller's workshop

SonomaProducts.com wrote:
On Friday, December 13, 2013 10:31:34 AM UTC-8, Bill wrote:
Man....

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/55735

Fortunately no one was hurt. The punch line is an absolutely pun

though. He should have had a ____ Stop!

And he publicly admits to having done this?

If you want to be really dumbfounded, go look at some of the most-recent
posts. Here, I'll save you some time:

“Will I start the darn thing from outside, on one foot? Honestly? Most
likely. But as it’s been said numerous times before, I will ensure I
smack the shifter to ensure it’s not in gear.”

I do dumb stuff all the time but sure never broadcast it unless I think it might save someone else from the same mistake. However, this was just a mistake waiting to happen, stating a manual care while standing outside of it with the clutch depressed. Uh duh, could be a problem pretty easily, as it finally was.

Don't you always shake the stick to be sure it is in neutral even when you have a newer car that requires the clutch to be in before the starter will engage?