Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Radio Antenna on street lights

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:55:51 +0000
Adam Funk wrote:

On 2013-12-12, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , mogga
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 20:57:45 -0000, Sam Plusnet
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On 12/12/2013 19:12, mogga wrote:
We're getting some new street lights and have noticed they
have little antennas on the top.

What is it for? ...

Mind control - time for the tin foil hat.

Sensors.

When a micro-chipped dog gets too close, the base of the lamp
post generates a static charge.

That'd be interesting to see!

What, a static charge in the dog? Extra! Several MegaVolts I hope.

The dog gets charged when it discharges.

We used to have a dog which would charge itself up on the carpet, and
then touch its nose to the back of one of our legs. The resulting human
response was enjoyed by the dog. Who says they don't have emotions?

--
Davey.