Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy333 Randy333 is offline

Default That's it. No more fluorescent bulbs.

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 19:39:13 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 13:50:15 -0800, mike wrote:

On 12/12/2013 9:47 AM,
wrote:
I bought some LED PAR replacement bulbs and installed them in the
porch overhang. Instant on! At 19 degrees F. And the light color is
far superior to the old fluorescent bulbs I had in there. And no
mercury. I'm dubious about the 22 year lifespan but if they last 5
years I'll be happy. I have 3 8 foot fixtures in the shop with bad
ballasts. I'm just gonna pitch the damn fixtures and install LEDs. New
ballasts are more expensive and they are a bitch to replace 16 feet
inn the air. Just as much work to install new fixtures for new style
bulbs. So I'll just put in LEDs and be done with it. I have never
been happy with other than incandescent lighting, the color of the
light has always been best. But the LEDs finally look great to me.
Eric

---

I had a nice chat at a garage sale with a guy who'd just installed LED's
in his garage. They were very nice. But there were a whole lot of them.
He told me the price, but I fainted and can't remember what it was.

One of my clients just relamped their entire factory and warehouse
with LEDs. Replaced 460 watt halide vapour bulbs with 160 watt LEDs -
and it is brighter now than with the ol;d lights - and instant on - no
buzzing - about $460 per unit

Possible not bad if the power company kicked in. I re-lighted my
warehouse and shop and the power company gave me close to 50% back.

I'm now all T5 and T8 lamps.

LED's are geting in the good price ballpark.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy