Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Radio Antenna on street lights

Well, could someone explain what these look like? I did see some lamps with
a couple of spiky things on the top, well a friend spotted them, and the guy
who was fitting it told us they were to stop pigeons pooping on the
photocells, which I find hard to believe myself.
If they are they would need to have 10,000 volts on them and we wouldno
doubt find the birds falling on our heads dead as we walked down the street,
as these birds are incredibly stupid on one level, ie perching on dangerous
things.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message om,
"dennis@home" writes
On 12/12/2013 23:39, alan wrote:
On 12/12/2013 19:12, mogga wrote:
We're getting some new street lights and have noticed they have little
antennas on the top.

What is it for? They look like they have a light detetctor same as the
old ones too.

New generation of miniature speed/number plate cameras mounted in the
lamp post that transmit the pictures directly back to base. They will
also be used to enforce parking restrictions 24/365.

I thought they were RFI tag readers so they can track the compulsory ID
cards coming soon.

ID cards? Old technology. We'll all have compulsory RFID implants.
--
Ian