Posted to uk.d-i-y
Artic[_2_] Artic[_2_] is offline

Default Radio Antenna on street lights

mogga scribbled...

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 20:31:35 +0000, Nightjar
wrote:

On 12/12/2013 19:12, mogga wrote:
We're getting some new street lights and have noticed they have little
antennas on the top.

What is it for? ...

Mind control - time for the tin foil hat.

Colin Bignell

Yes I suspected that'd be an answer from someone!

They've done them over in New Moston already - and there is some radio
interference on our street on the bit near there. Having read today
what frequency these radio things work at then it might be them
causing problems with people's car alarm fob things. Although worrying
as there aren't lights desperately close to the affected part of the
road.
Someone has been in touch with Ofcom already about this interference
and we're waiting to see what they find.

You know the tories have been selling off frequencies to mobile
companies some of which are buggering up everything close by?

eg
http://amdram.co.uk/articles/radio-m...ency-sell-off/