Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default That's it. No more fluorescent bulbs.

Larry Jaques wrote:

Check these out. Maybe you have now!
http://tinyurl.com/lffa779 cool white 12v $ (oops, 60cm/2', but $1.75
I'd build or buy new fixtures & power supplies for that savings.

http://tinyurl.com/lj9hd9s pure white 110v (my color choice) $$
Simple replacement bulb.

http://tinyurl.com/lky5ozr choose color 110v $$$ but under your limit
AHA! 4-footers, love their warning about "ballets" US seller.
These would be direct replacement after bypassing the ballast.
$32 ($25 apiece in case lot of 100)

I don't think these would be as bright as fluors because of the
derating, but they'd be nice, long, bright strips.

My 20W incan replacement bulb is called a corn light, but uses 104 of
the 5050 chips instead of conical plastic coated LEDs.
http://tinyurl.com/lhcgzxw It's brighter than a 100W cool white bulb
or 25W CFL.

Have you seen these 3W LED fixtures? I mounted one form a shelf over
my computer desk to illuminate the keyboard. I think one will fit un
place of the light bulb on my drill press, and I plan on installing a
bunch of them as emergency lighting. Each comes with an AC power
supply, but they will run on DC.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110873993773 $4.86 each, free shipping.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.