Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Newsreader Needed

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 01:18:45 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 12/11/2013 03:35 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

Unless you have gigabits of messages, several dozen different
accounts, 77 or more addons installed in FF & TB, and never compact
TB's databases, I doubt if you will ever have serious problems with
Firefox or Thunderbird.

Agree - been using TB and FF for years with no major issues. No more
than half dozen add-ons on each.

I only use FF - don't use TB. I have maybe a half dozen add-ons. I've been
using FF for years now, and until recently it has always been very stable,
but in the past year or so its stability has suffered, and there's quite a
bit of discussion about that on the net.

For some reason I'm stuck at FF 21.0. Maybe that's a good thing.

I'm sure having a bunch of add-ons doesn't help stability at all. I
only use the security add-ons (Ghostery, NoScript, and DontTrackMe).