Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT(?) Sheared lug nut stud

"David Billington" wrote in message

Worth pulling the tyre off and checking for damage. I had a number
of flats when pulling out of the drive a turning sharp left and
parking to clear the drive, I'd come back and find the tyre flat.
When the tyre was pulled the bead was damaged which could only have
happened at the fitters so I went back to them, they looked up the
fitment record as I couldn't find the receipt, and they gave me a
new tyre and fitted it, no more problems.

The same happened to me on the tractor. The tire shop didn't have a
machine the right size and pried off the glued tires with irons. After
examining the rusted 1980's rims and the gouged beads, I just put in
tubes. Brushing on Slime before mounting the tire didn't help.

The Harbor Freight mini manual tire changer turns an impossible job
into a very difficult one.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...terTire003.jpg
The cast aluminum handle is known to break, and while they will
replace it they won't rush you one while you have the vehicle
immobilized on a jack. I added two steel reinforcing straps on the
outside.
jsw