Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT(?) Sheared lug nut stud

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 13:04:08 +0000, David Billington
wrote:

On 12/12/13 05:31, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:21:49 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 10:23:35 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Speaking of wheel problems, how do you properly seal rim leaks on
steel and aluminum wheels? I haven't had particularly good luck with
Slime on my garden tractor's rusty rims, and now one of the car's
tires is slowly losing air along the bead.

Slime will seal the bead, too, if the wheel is off and rotated to
allow the slime that far up the sidewall. Speaking of which, one of
my tires is still slowly leaking after sliming. I should pull it and
find the leak. It may be a bead leak, too.

Worth pulling the tyre off and checking for damage. I had a number of
flats when pulling out of the drive a turning sharp left and parking to
clear the drive, I'd come back and find the tyre flat. When the tyre was
pulled the bead was damaged which could only have happened at the
fitters so I went back to them, they looked up the fitment record as I
couldn't find the receipt, and they gave me a new tyre and fitted it, no
more problems.

They obviously forgot to lube the tire when putting it on the rim.
It's nice that they repaired their mistake at the correct price.

--
I hate being bipolar ....... It's awesome!