Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT(?) Sheared lug nut stud

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:31:13 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:21:49 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 10:23:35 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Speaking of wheel problems, how do you properly seal rim leaks on
steel and aluminum wheels? I haven't had particularly good luck with
Slime on my garden tractor's rusty rims, and now one of the car's
tires is slowly losing air along the bead.

Slime will seal the bead, too, if the wheel is off and rotated to
allow the slime that far up the sidewall. Speaking of which, one of
my tires is still slowly leaking after sliming. I should pull it and
find the leak. It may be a bead leak, too.

TIP: Never buy a -small- bottle of Slime. The big one is much cheaper
per ounce, and you'll always find a wheel which needs it. Just maybe
not this week.

When the slime freezes at the bottom of the tire when parked, it
makes for an awfull rough ride untill it thaws and redistributes.