Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Sandblasting question

SteveB wrote:
I got a vertical Husky compressor about 33 gallon from the looks of it.
I also have a Craftsman sandblaster, looks to hold a sack or so of
sand. What pressure is required to use that sandblaster? I imagine if
you go off and on rather than full on, it would work longer. Sorry, I
got it at a yard sale, no instructions.

If you want to tell me to google, that this has been answered before or
that I'm lazy, please engage your IGNORE button.

Steve

What are you blasting? What size and type of nozzle? Pressure or siphon
feed? What media will you be using?

Heavy rusted steel using Black Majic will take 90-100 psi 10 CFM or more
with a small nozzle. 33 gallons might last you 30 seconds or so unless
the blaster is a tiny siphon flow one.

--
Steve W.