Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT(?) Sheared lug nut stud

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:58:05 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 21:12:19 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 17:57:29 -0800, Gunner Asch

wrote:

Tubes
If you use tubes make SURE they are radial tubes - or bias tires.
Michelin Aistops work for radials - but you are limited to about
65mph. Make sure you dust the tire and tube well with Talc to
prevent
heating the tube.

Must be one fast mothafricken lawn tractor!!

It's faster than it should be. Since it has no suspension it can
bounce itself airborne where the steering and brakes don't work. I
tried chasing the kids around their ATV course fast enough to get air
over the jumps. I should have put the loader bucket on and put some
air under their jumps.

But the problem now is the SUV.

Clare suggested scrubbing and urethane paint. He also sent some
Canadian winter weather that makes painting outdoors unlikely. The
tractor's tires were glued on with something yellowish that made them
hell-owish to remove, even for a tire store after I gave up. Google
brings up other bead sealers. Is there a good simple balance between
difficult and effective?

If you want to pop the beads, try cleaning both the tire bead and rim,
and then use some regular rubber cement. It's the only thing I've
seen work on rusted beads.

--
I hate being bipolar ....... It's awesome!