Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_2_] Danny D.[_2_] is offline

Default How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 03:54:03 +0000, Danny D'Amico wrote:

I'll look again tomorrow, by following the power wires, to see
where they go - and if there is a shutoff switch that I didn't
see yet.

No shutoff switch.
And the breaker is on another floor.
So, most of the time, I leave it powered up.

I made the mistake of unplugging, this morning, and wished that
I hadn't (since it's really not easy to put the plug back):
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5477/1...6604d692_o.gif

So, when I have the inclination, I'll see if I can put
a normal 120V switch mounted on the side of the furnace.

I hate it when installers save a buck ... (their buck) ... as
I agree; it should have a switch mounted on the side of the furnace.