Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_2_] Danny D.[_2_] is offline

Default How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:55:24 -0800, Oren wrote:

I'm of no help here.

I was wondering where you were!

Normally, your huckleberries are spot on the mark!

Luckily, with the team's help, the problem is resolved!
(I think.)

It's running now ... after I pulled the plug (yes, it has
a plug) and then disconnected *every* wire and cleaned
them up and reassembled them (one by one, so as not to
make a mistake).

I blew compressed air around everything; and I tapped
with a screwdriver on all the relays (I guess for good
luck as much as anything else).

Wouldn't you know it ... the darn thing is now working!
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5505/1...67c99f78_o.gif

Will update in a couple of days, to see if it *stays*
working!

(Reminder to self: Tell wife to stop shutting it off and on
constantly!)