Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 04:45:40 +0000 (UTC), Danny D'Amico
wrote:

The PDF doesn't describe the lockout timer; but there is a schematic
pasted on the inside of the furnace door that purports to describe it:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5518/1...27d0a8ef_o.gif

I'm still not sure how it works though - but maybe it is the culprit...

I'm of no help here.

That says this is Auxiliary wiring (LP Kit), which I presume is not
covered in the PDF.

I agree that the mercury T-stats is likely not the problem.

See:

There are three major elements to a non-digital or analog thermostat:

•Bimetallic Strip or Coil
•Contact
•Heat Anticipator

http://homerepair.about.com/od/heatingcoolingrepair/ss/thermostat_2.htm