Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 12:26:46 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 12/11/2013 10:13 AM, Danny D'Amico wrote:

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 08:03:44 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yep, connect red to red, to call for heating.

Sigh. (shakes head)

Mea culpa.

That was (just) a typo.

I had corrected it a few minutes after I had posted (but you responded

to the original).

Sorry. That was my mistake.

Very well, my son. Please recite ten Book of

Mormons, twenty Angel Moronis, and go and sin

no more.

Hope you get your heat running, safely, soon.

More likely there will be a pile of disasembled parts
all over the place. He seems to prefer that to focusing
on the obvious. So, the furnace doesn't fire up. Who
starts by taking apart the tstat, asking 100 questions about
how to debug it, without going to look at the furnace and
seeing that the blower door is off, that he took off a few
months ago? Good grief.

I have to give him credit for the longest threads, the most
pics, etc. IMO, he should just call a tech.