Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

Danny D'Amico wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 22:14:03 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

Yep, that's a limit but look to see if there's a little push button
reset between the 1/4" Faston terminals where the wires plug on to the
switch. Some of them have a manual reset that will click when it is
pushed in to reset it. ^_^

I found this picture on the net of the little red push button:
http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/Ou...nual_reset.jpg

So now that I know what to look for, I can see that same button
in my limit switch, only mine is black:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7371/1...90f0e3a7_o.gif

Now the only safety switch I haven't found is the VSSS Vent safety
shutoff switch.

Hi,
That is located inside the flue. You took a pic. of it. Sqare bakelite
lo0king thing with two wires mounted on the flue. The sensor is inserted
into flue to detect vent gas temp. This is one of couple safety thing
when triggered furnace will shut down pronto and lockout timer starts.
You can't see the lockout timer counting pulse w/o 'scope.