Posted to alt.home.repair
Irreverent Maximus Irreverent Maximus is offline

Default How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

"Danny D'Amico" wrote in message news
On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 16:12:10 -0500, David L. Martel wrote:

How did that happen? Who left your furnace open and why?

Dunno. But, I probably went down there. I think I remember, in
the hot days of summer, it was up to about 95 or so here in
the Silicon Valley, that the A/C didn't work.

So, I think, IIRC, I opened the door. Stared. Stared some more.
Stared a bit more. And I must have left it with the door open.

Still don't know why the A/C didn't work - but that's long ago
now, and it's time to figure out why the heat doesn't work.

I'm still catching up on all the reading, so, I apologize if
I'm slow to get back to you on the troubleshooting ...

Was the blower running at this time?