Posted to alt.home.repair
philo  philo  is offline

Default How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

On 12/10/2013 02:21 PM, Danny D'Amico wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 19:43:29 +0000, Danny D'Amico wrote:

OK. Here is the 9-page Payne 394 JAW PDF that Carrier sent me today:
http://en.packupload.com/085CHEN6AJG

I was hoping to just debug the (much simpler?) thermostat first, but,
since someone asked about the furnace, I went down there and noticed
the door was off.

When I put the door back, the blower just blew incessantly.

So I took the door back off, and pressed the white switch that gets
pressed when the blower door is on, and the blower just kept blowing
for as long as I held the switch pushed in.

If the blower is working that means the furnace is getting power.

That's as far as you should go.

Unless you know /exactly/ what you are doing, a furnace is one thing you
should not fool with.