Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico Danny D'Amico is offline

Default How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:05:23 -0500, Stormin Mormon wrote:

The stat you describe does not have a ground,
or a neutral. It switches the hot wire only.

Hmmm.... OK. I guess. I'm not used to having a hot
wire and no ground though, simply because you need
*two* points to test a voltage.

I strongly sense the problem is not the stat.
Your problem is in the furnace itself.

Everyone else said the same thing, so, I've actually
buttoned up the thermostat, and moved on to the furnace
itself.

Besides, someone said I can jump whatever needs to be
jumped from down there anyway. Right?
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2849/1...e7793ca9_o.gif