Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to test a wall thermostat to see if it's actually working?

Just upload it here and you will get a URL you can post in a text
message. http://en.packupload.com/

OK. Here is the 9-page Payne 394 JAW PDF that Carrier sent me today:
http://en.packupload.com/085CHEN6AJG

I had also just finished converting it to PNG for upload to Flickr:
P1: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5477/1...039c1493_o.png
P2: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5515/1...819ab272_o.png
P3: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3782/1...09270195_o.png
P4: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5524/1...792398ca_o.png
P5: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5488/1...c0dfefb3_o.png
P6: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2889/1...1f5f9aa7_o.png
P7: http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5496/1...be96421a_o.png
P8: http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2892/1...6c147a7b_o.png
P9: http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7372/1...cdbe4107_o.png

I'll head on down to the furnace after checking the thermostat; but,
I'm tending to agree with you, that the thermostat looks too simple
to be the problem...

*Based on past experiences with customers, two things I suggest that you
check. Make sure that the disconnect switch for the furnace is on, and make
sure that the service door on the furnace is closed correctly. If the
service door is not closed properly the furnace will not run.