Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default 2002 Unisaw

On 12/9/2013 1:55 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 12/9/2013 2:21 PM, Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow, I bought some Grade 5 (instead of Grade 8) bolts and nuts
today just so I wouldn't have to wait anymore for them.

This message isn't indexed in precisely the write location, but we're
not all writing for posterity.

Thinking more about push-sticks and table saws-- What are the chances
that an errant pushstick will yank one's hand towards the blade? Hmmm...

Maybe should build one of those that look like a plane?

I have been reading the older book, Cabinet Making and Millwork, by John
Feirer. It seemed to get more interesting when he got to the subject of
table saws. Coincidentally, I'm sure, I'm on page 285--"Pushsticks"
(only 600 pages to go...lol).

Cheers,
Bill

Two best push sticks... the GRIPPER
Home made type that is used for thin sock... some thin piece of ply or
wood that has a hook on the back to push the piece through.

I was going to add the Grippers, for the store bought solution, but
realized that Bill might be over whelmed with the possibilities. :~)