Kiwanda

Default OT as Hell - Sam's Club

Phisherman wrote in
news
On 13 Jul 2004 23:50:31 GMT, (BUB 209) wrote:

Just wondering if anybody really feels they get a bargain or

really
save even the
30.00 or more they plunk down for a membership. I got mine

whithout
looking around the store and the first thing I saw was a stack

of
apple pies - for 12.00
each. By the time I was leaving, I had this picture in my mind

of
food industry
CEOs sitting around a swimming pool watching a bunch of ants

swarming
over a piece of watermelon, and the proverbial lightbulb going

off -
"We'll mesmerise
the masses with mass quantities!"

I have not seen anything woodworker-related in
Sam's Club.

Depends on what "related" means I guess. Tonight I was at Sam's
for milk, greens, freezer bags, and some other odds-n-ends and
took at look at the tools. They have Porter-Cable circular saws
(6" I think)on sale for $75. I didn't see the model number, but
there's nothing else on the net for that price. They had the
small P-C rotary cutter (aka "rotozip") on clearance for $25, and
a big framing nailer for under $200. (I didn't look closely at
any of these as I don't need them.)

They typically have PC nailers, drills, and circular saws.
Occasionally they have Delta or PC miter saws in the $300 range.
A few sizes of compressors, inc. some 60 gal 220v models. Great
prices on ladders (1/2 of what Menard's charges for the exact
model when I bought my 28' there). Other shop equipment of
various sorts, all generally about 30% less than any place else
I've ever seen it.

It's hard to beat the prices on some things there, for sure. And
contrary to another poster's experience, we can still get 50 and
100# bags of flour at our Sams.

-Derek