Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gefreiter Krueger Gefreiter Krueger is offline

Default Welding mask - necessary?

On Sun, 08 Dec 2013 20:38:43 -0000, John Williamson wrote:

On 08/12/2013 18:41, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
On Sun, 08 Dec 2013 18:15:51 -0000, Martin Brown
But why don't you try it without and then experience the pain of welders
flash - if you are very lucky you might not do any permanent damage to
your eyes. Welders use a mask and wear gloves for good reason.

The gloves seem a bit over the top.

Not after the first time you see a large lump of white hot metal
spattering off the workpiece.... For a similar reason, welders tend to
wear boots that can be removed very quickly indeed.

Quite a few of those I've seen, and one did hit my hand, I just flicked it off.

--
Make like a post-it note and stick around....