Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Valve to fill additional compressed air tank

On Sun, 8 Dec 2013 07:39:10 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:47:58 -0600, Ignoramus5722

Here is what I would use. The 60cfm model.

http://www.airtekltd.com/valves.htm#LOAD_GENIE

It will open and allow flow to the secondary tank at 120psi and
block
the flow when the primary tank drops to 90psi. A parallel line with
check valve to allow flow from the secondary to the primary would
allow both tanks to supply the system below 90psi.

I've had a Load Genie on my compressor since the 70's. It tends to jam
from sideways loading on the inlet pipe, which expands when it heats
up. Sometimes the Load Genie waits a minute or two after the
compressor shuts off before unloading.

Shaving the gray hair off the Genie's inlet pipe should help the old
guy.

--
I hate being bipolar ....... It's awesome!