Phisherman

Default OT as Hell - Sam's Club

On 13 Jul 2004 23:50:31 GMT, (BUB 209) wrote:

Just wondering if anybody really feels they get a bargain or really save even
the
30.00 or more they plunk down for a membership. I got mine whithout looking
around the store and the first thing I saw was a stack of apple pies - for
12.00
each. By the time I was leaving, I had this picture in my mind of food
industry
CEOs sitting around a swimming pool watching a bunch of ants swarming over
a piece of watermelon, and the proverbial lightbulb going off - "We'll
mesmerise
the masses with mass quantities!"

I have visited Sam's Club. My employer gave free membership cards
but I only shop there once or twice a year as it is over 30 miles
away. It would be great for catering and someone who throws frequent
parties, but not too useful for small families or those who have
limited storage space. I have not seen anything woodworker-related in
Sam's Club.