BigWallop

Default Stained Toilet Bowl

"David" wrote in message

When I moved in about 2 years ago, the bowl below the water line was
badly stained a brown colour. Thinking it was the obvious, I
eventually took the plunge to see if it would be easy to remove. It
simply wiped off and I had a perfectly white bowl.
However, the bowl is again starting to stain. It is flushed after
every use and the water is clear, there is no staining in the cistern.
Using a toilet brush would prevent anything building up over time, but
what would be causing it?

David

The water may look perfectly clear, but I can assure you it ain't. With
water standing in the bowl for any length of time, the small particles do
settle out against the porcelain. Try taking a white cup and filling it
with water from your tap, then let it stand on the window sill till it dries
out. You'll be amazed at what you find after all the water is gone.

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com