Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gefreiter Krueger Gefreiter Krueger is offline

Default Welding mask - necessary?

On Sat, 07 Dec 2013 16:46:26 -0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 07/12/2013 16:21, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
For a small arc welder for a small job, is a mask really necessary? The
spark doesn't look any brighter than starting at a bright lightbulb.

Is this **** for real?

It was a sensible enough question. Note how I said "small arc welder for a small job" - are the effects only from long term exposure? I know for certain you don't get it in 2 minutes, because I've watched someone welding my car for a little.

--
I was at an ATM yesterday when a little old lady asked if I could check her balance, so I pushed her over.