Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My boat is ready to go in the water

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 21:14:42 -0600, Richard
wrote:

On 12/4/2013 6:58 PM, Richard wrote:
On 12/4/2013 6:46 PM, Richard wrote:
..

In poker, it's called a "call".

I left a message, but he hasn't called back yet.
It IS a fin keel.

NADA says average retail is $2090. Just for reference.

So for a thousand more, we don't want to see stress cracks in the glass!
Corners of the cockpit floor are typical places where that happens.

Any cracks in the combing are a deal breaker.
As would be any soft spots in the decks.
These boats have plywood cores in the decks, and a soft spot meant rot.
I have a cleaver way of fixing that on a beater.
But I don't WANT a beater...

I wouldn't expect much gloss from the gel coat.
That's not a deal breaker because gel coat can always be brought back to
mirror finish (if there is any left and it hasn't been painted)

The Honda 6 is plenty for that boat.

Can't expect much from the sails at that price.
A good new suit would cost more than the boat.

Just talked to the fellow and this boat itself doesn't sound bad.
At least it's not all stress cracked and soggy.
Which is always a good thing.
New jib this year. but the main is old and kinda baggy.

But no trailer and _only_ 1800 miles away. (one way)

Check the trailers in the freesailboat group? Pick up one for $400
on your way west.

Gunner

--
"Owning a sailboat is like marrying a nymphomaniac. You don’t want to do that
but it is great if your best friend does. That way you get all the benefits without any of the upkeep"

---