Tim Douglass

Default OT as Hell - Sam's Club

On 13 Jul 2004 23:50:31 GMT, (BUB 209) wrote:

Just wondering if anybody really feels they get a bargain or really save even
the
30.00 or more they plunk down for a membership. I got mine whithout looking
around the store and the first thing I saw was a stack of apple pies - for
12.00
each. By the time I was leaving, I had this picture in my mind of food
industry
CEOs sitting around a swimming pool watching a bunch of ants swarming over
a piece of watermelon, and the proverbial lightbulb going off - "We'll
mesmerise
the masses with mass quantities!"

Used to do Sams when I lived in Idaho, now (and before that) it is
Costco. Bulk food warehouses aren't what they were before the yuppie
crowd discovered them (they don't have flour in 100lb sacks any more)
but if you are price savvy you can do OK. Store brands are smart, name
brands are generally less than in a grocery store but still far more
expensive than store brands. If the choice is between name brand in
bulk at Costco and store brand in small containers at Safeway I
usually do the Safeway thing.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com