Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default O/T: Software

On 12/6/2013 7:25 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:00:08 -0500, woodchucker
wrote:

On 12/6/2013 8:29 AM,
wrote:

"Android is an operating system based on the Linux kernel,"

Irrelevant. Can you run Linux apps, unchanged, on your cell phone?

For that matter the Mac OS X is *nix based

Which doesn't make it Linux, either.

Each OS has it's place. But the world is trending away from windows on
the mobile. Windows is a hog, with way too much that never should have
been in the kernel. In mobile devices power consumption is key and *nix
devices are way ahead in that as well as being leaner.

So what? I don't care for Windows but I really have no choice. That
was the whole point! sheesh

Really, why not?

Support, apps. You know, the things that really matter. Only the
ultra-religious care about what goes on underneath.

You can easily use either a mac or linux.

Sure I can. So what?

there's very little these days that isn't browser based or java based.
So many apps run on all platforms.

Evidently your whole life is spent on the Web. Whatever floats your
boat but I have work to do, too.

Actually my life is spent supporting extremely large systems whether
they be Linux, solaris, hpux, aix, etc.. I support terabytes of data ..
I don't care which O/S it is, as long as it is not MS. I don't
appreciate the problems I encounter when I tried having large systems
run on MS.

you are just a grumpy ass today.

So go to the bathroom and take a ****.. maybe you'll come back a nicer
grump.