Scott Lurndal

Default OT as Hell - Sam's Club

Chad Bender writes:
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 01:49:56 -0400, Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

In article ,
Kiwanda wrote:

We save far more than $30 a year on milk alone at Sam's.

Yours is the second message noting milk prices - what do they run a
gallon? (Assuming one doesn't have to buy it by the 55 gal. drum.)

In my little 'burg, inevitably one of the three grocery stores almost
always has a weekly coupon for milk at $1.88 to $2.00/gal, vs. $3.65 or
so regular price.

Holly cow! (literally) Out here on Long Island we're paying about
$4.50/gal at the grocery store, and that in a state with a massive dairy
industry.

For what it's worth, very little of that $4.50 makes it to the farmer,
something like $12.00/cwt. Figure about 8 pounds to the gallon, that
is about a dollar a gallon to the farmer; the rest is processing costs
(pasteurization) and markup.

Out here, it runs about $3.85 at the grocers; at my grocer, the second
gallon is only $1.00. So that's about 2.50 a gallon; not bad for the
Bay Area.

scott