Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Safe to re-cell a rechargeable shaver?

On 06/12/2013 20:09, Tim+ wrote:
Lobster wrote:
Well it's done 10 years on the original batteries, so can't complain; but I
want to get some replacments as they are definitely stuffed.

[snip]
Do we think it's safe to assume that the manufacturer's FAQ is just
revenue-protecting, arse-covering ********,

Yes

or is there any genuine reason
why I shouldn't just go ahead and order the new battery?

No.

HTH

Tim

The only concern is that the thing might be about to mechanically fall
apart or otherwise disintegrate. You could end up with a pair of nice
new batteries and a shaver that still doesn't want to play.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown