Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Bugs in ice maker

On 12/5/2013 3:44 PM, Michelle wrote:
replying to jamina1, Michelle wrote:
jamina1 wrote:

Ever since I moved into my new apartment, I've been getting bugs coming
out in my ice from my ice maker. I've let it run and run for days, but
still they seem to be coming out. What are they and is there anything I
can do about them?
There are no visible signs of bugs anywhere else in the refridgerator,
freezer, or kitchen.

I have so many fruit flies that go up into my ice maker!!! Drives me
crazy. I agree with the person that said don't clean with vinegar. I
only use vinegar so maybe that is drawing them and they have to be drawn
to the cool of the ice maker???? They aren't on anything thing
else...there's nothing else out. Someone told me they can live/breed in
houseplants. I might move my plants and see how that works.

Have you checked/cleaned the drip pan under the fridge?