U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

Default Enineered flooring question!

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:29:47 -0400, Markus Romanoff
wrote:
I just installed a Bruce engineered flooring system in several rooms.
I looks beautiful and the finish is rated to last longer than I will
be in the house.

Not long after the installation , my cat peed on the flooring and the
urine ran into the unsealed butt ends of the boards and started to
delaminate the surface wood layer. I caught it quickly and is now
barely noticeable.

Since the flooring is pre-finished and does not require a urethane
finish coating which would have sealed the flooring to such "spills",
is there any aftermarket searer that can be applied to the flooring to
make the joints watertight?

We put Pergo (glue type) in a rec room. For "potentially wet locations"
(kitchen and bath) they recommended filling the perimeter gap with a
silicone-based sealant.

Does the Bruce website have any recommendations?