Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] philipuk@gmail.com is offline

Default Shower cubicle re-tiling

On Friday, December 6, 2013 10:07:20 AM UTC, asalcedo wrote:
The shower cubicle in the main bathroom at home needs repair.

It is lined with marble tiles. After a period of several years without

re-grouting the tile joints or re-sealing with silicone the juncture

with the shower bowl, water has leaked through the tiles and silicone

joints and damaged the walls behind and surrounding areas.

I am going to re-do the whole shower repairing the walls so that they

are sound and firm.

Other than a ready-made shower cubicle, is there a better solution than

just re-tiling?

Is there a way to avoid the same problem (leaks through the joints) by

laying a watertight film prior to the tiles or something of that sort?

The house has wooden beams and one has to allow for some movements,

seasonal and others.

Are marble tiles a good solution or should I go for different ones?

Thanks,

Antonip

--

asalcedo