Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New 3D Metal Printer

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 21:16:00 -0500, Brian Lawson
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 19:33:01 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/kt6hn7e

Michigan Technological University is putting out plans for what
appears to be a MIG printer. g Check it out. Looks IFFY to me,
but I hope it grows. It's entirely Open Sourced.

Hey Larry,

Her's a nice site that shows the 4 main types of
"industrial/commercial" 3D printing in use, and a short explanation of
why each is used.

Um, are you going to give us the URL, Brian? vbg

We in the "hobby" field consider 3D printing to be new and cutting
edge, and I guess it is for use in a "hobby", but the SLA printer
(stereo lithography) has been around for many many years.

Isn't that what 3D printing evolved from?

--
Make awkward sexual advances, not war.