Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default O/T: Software

On 12/5/2013 8:33 PM, Doug Winterburn wrote:
On 12/05/2013 05:32 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 4 Dec 2013 23:36:36 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

j wrote:

Try disabling the plugins, they can be problematic in FF. Flash can
be a crasher and Chrome handles those crashes better. Memory leaks?,
dunno for sure.

I'm a web developer, so I have a wide variety of browsers, FireFox
just doesn't seem to be the animal it used to be.

Unfortunately - that seems to be true. So, as a web developer, are you
suggesting Chrome over Firefox these days? It's not clear from your
comment
above. What a shame - Firefox used to be the relief from the Microsoft
crap, and now seems to be more of the same.

I'd rather not jump out of Microsoft's bed into Google's[*]. I'll
stick with Firefox.

[*] Apple vs. Google (cell phones) isn't a lot of choice, IMO.

Google bought the old Motorola cell phone division (Motorola Mobility)
after Mot split into Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions.

If you're talking about Android phones, Android is Linux based.

I use the main search page on Google for my opening page in Firefox.
I use Google as my main search engine. So when I open Firefox, it is
ready for a search.

I export my wife's book marks and she use that for her home page.