Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default Using two sets of cordless phones on one line

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 22:47:02 +0000, Dave W
wrote:

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 21:32:45 +0000, News
wrote:

Probably a daft question, but is there any reason not to use two sets of
cordless phones on one phone line?

We used to have two phone lines (home and business), but now have just
the one. Both had cordless phones, so we now have a spare set of
cordless phones. I realise a call could not be transferred from a phone
on one set to a phone on the other set, but, other than that, any reason
not to use both sets on one line? No possible interference issues?

A friend bought a new DECT phone when one of her two analogue wireless
ones packed up. The new phone has a rather quiet ring, so I repaired
her analogue one and reinstalled it. Now the combined ringing of the
DECT handset, the two analogue handsets and their base-station can be
heard in all parts of the house, and any of the three handsets can be
used without problems.

And no doubt her conversations can be heard all over the street.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/5566232336/lightbox/

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%