Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default Using two sets of cordless phones on one line

News wrote:
Probably a daft question, but is there any reason not to use two sets of
cordless phones on one phone line?

We used to have two phone lines (home and business), but now have just
the one. Both had cordless phones, so we now have a spare set of
cordless phones. I realise a call could not be transferred from a phone
on one set to a phone on the other set, but, other than that, any reason
not to use both sets on one line? No possible interference issues?

We have two here, precisely because we don't want to dial between
extensions and it's *easier* to transfer calls with two different base
stations. Pick up on one, hang up on the other. (This is for
transferring a call between a conventional cordless phone and DECT headset).

--
Mike Barnes