Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default Using two sets of cordless phones on one line

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013 21:32:45 +0000, News
wrote:

Probably a daft question, but is there any reason not to use two sets of
cordless phones on one phone line?

We used to have two phone lines (home and business), but now have just
the one. Both had cordless phones, so we now have a spare set of
cordless phones. I realise a call could not be transferred from a phone
on one set to a phone on the other set, but, other than that, any reason
not to use both sets on one line? No possible interference issues?

You should be able to register both phones to one of the base stations
then just use the second base station as a dumb charger for its
Matching phone. This is all down to basic GAP compatibility, you
should be all right making and receiving internal and external calls
and (I think) transferring calls but advanced features like answephone
might not work from the "foreign" handset.

Give I would give it a try using each BS in turn to see which gives
the best results.

You will probably need the manual for the registration procedure, no
doubt in a PDF online.

On the other hand...
....sometimes just plugging them in at two phone points so you can just
pick up the other extension and continue the conversation is seen as a
better plan, especially my SWMBO.

DECT is very good at avoiding mutual interference, it just works.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%