Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_3_] John B.[_3_] is offline

Default My boat is ready to go in the water

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 18:40:56 -0600, Richard
wrote:

When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops.
Come out on the race course.

The fastest boat I've seem personally is a Melges 24 named
Rocket Science. I've seen her doing better than 20 knots
on a a reach.

I have been teaching for the local American Sailing Association
for a while now, gunner. And I got my first USCG ticket back in
1975.

So no, I'm not buying any of that "entertainment".

The trouble with go fast sailing is that it is a lot of work. If the
helmsman loses his concentration for a moment the speed drops off. If
the sheet tenders don't pay attention the speed drops off. If the crew
doesn't sit further enough out on the rail the speed drops off.

It is sort of fun for an afternoon but Gunner was talking about a trip
to Baja.
--
Cheers,

John B.