Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default My boat is ready to go in the water

On 12/4/2013 10:32 PM, jon_banquer wrote:
On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:37:13 PM UTC-8, Richard wrote:
Sorry 'bout that... fumble finger syndrome strikes again.

What I was going to say, jon, was -

don't be so hard on him. As he has always said,

it's all just for entertainment...

Lots of people use the net to live vicariously,

and vent...

I liked your fiberglassing Instructable. Haven't spent anytime on that site.

Got any cool or helpful stuff you have viewed on Instructables that you think is well done?

I'm glad your enjoyed that one.
I would never have expected 40,000 viewers on that one, but...

It's probably the level of detail, and the transformation from raw
material, to fugly mess, to not half bad that appeals to people.

It was certainly fun to do. I made one that was just a bit too
small for the job. When I started the one in the presentation,
me better half came out to watch. I gave her my good camera (!)
and we shot it all in one afternoon. I think she did right well.

As for recommendations, man, name a topic first!
They kind of cover the entire spectrum of interests.

I watch a lot of the micro-controller offerings.
Specifically the Parallax Propeller projects.
Not that I want to build any/all of it.
Just looking for basic ideas, I guess.
And seeing what people have created.