Posted to rec.woodworking
j j is offline

Default O/T: Software

On 12/4/2013 11:36 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
j wrote:

Try disabling the plugins, they can be problematic in FF. Flash can
be a crasher and Chrome handles those crashes better. Memory leaks?,
dunno for sure.

I'm a web developer, so I have a wide variety of browsers, FireFox
just doesn't seem to be the animal it used to be.

Unfortunately - that seems to be true. So, as a web developer, are you
suggesting Chrome over Firefox these days?

As a user, yes.

But from a web development standpoint FireFox is fine. So is Chrome, so
is Opera. So is almost everything else. The problem is always IE, which
is always late to support standards. IE9 and up are more or less OK, but
most IE users are stuck on earlier versions.

It's not clear from your comment
above. What a shame - Firefox used to be the relief from the Microsoft
crap, and now seems to be more of the same.

Yes. It is a shame.

I hate IE. I hate MS.

Jeff