Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Boys metal project

On 2013-12-04, wrote:
I want to build a project with my 8 and 10 year old grandsons while they
spend the time with us. I want it to be one for each of them, and
something that would last. I want it to be useful, or decorative for
their room. They might only get to do some filing or bending, but
something that they could help build.

Suggestions?

I made some scupltures from TIG filler rod, bolts and nuts, maybe mini
gears if you have them, using tig welding. They sell those to tourists
in Mexico and they are surprisingly easy to make and end up very cute
looking.

That sounds like the best suggestion so far.

Or see if they are interested in steam punk stuff...
Make something brass and leather...