Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default My boat is ready to go in the water

On 12/4/2013 6:46 PM, Richard wrote:
..

In poker, it's called a "call".

I left a message, but he hasn't called back yet.
It IS a fin keel.

NADA says average retail is $2090. Just for reference.

So for a thousand more, we don't want to see stress cracks in the glass!
Corners of the cockpit floor are typical places where that happens.

Any cracks in the combing are a deal breaker.
As would be any soft spots in the decks.
These boats have plywood cores in the decks, and a soft spot meant rot.
I have a cleaver way of fixing that on a beater.
But I don't WANT a beater...

I wouldn't expect much gloss from the gel coat.
That's not a deal breaker because gel coat can always be brought back to
mirror finish (if there is any left and it hasn't been painted)

The Honda 6 is plenty for that boat.

Can't expect much from the sails at that price.
A good new suit would cost more than the boat.