Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My boat is ready to go in the water

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 04:52:38 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 18:00:33 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Baltic Birch is bitchen, boy.

Its also expensive as hell here in California. Almost double the
price of marine plywood.

IRCC..its $65 a 4x8 sheet of 12mm

I can get 1/2" Marine for $32

Wow! I'm paying $25 for 5x5' sheets of 1/2"/~12mm, $20 on sale. (bad
enough) I'd look around a bit more for a better price if I were you.
It should be had for less in HelL.A. Try hardwood stores as well as
lumber yards. Home Improvement stores tend to price it horribly.

I used some plain 3/4" birch ply for a closet shelf in an upper end
home last month. HD had it for $46 a sheet and it was pretty decent.
9-ply Baltic (or Russian or Finnish) is better, though.

--
Just as a picture is drawn by an artist, surroundings
are created by the activities of the mind.